- 9 June 2018 marks World Accreditation Day as a global initiative, jointly established by the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) and the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC), […]
- Plastic is an important material in our economy and daily lives. It has multiple functions that can help tackle a number of the challenges facing our […]
- The fight against climate change has unexpected allies with some of the heaviest-polluting industries joining its ranks. Why have they chosen to take a stand? And […]
ISO 39001:2012 Road Traffic Safety Management Systems
ISO 39001 is a management system for the safety of road traffic whose purpose is to reduce the number of serious and fatal accidents
ISO 39001 Road Traffic Safety (RTS) Management Systems
ISO 39001 is a management system for the safety of road traffic whose purpose is to reduce the number of serious and fatal accidents.
ISO 39001 also has a social role: safer mobility and in accordance with the requirements of the standard brings security benefits for the whole society. That’s why, as all of the new generation standards, ISO 39001 contributes to the Societal Security.
Why do we need ISO 39001?
Road traffic crashes are killing more people in certain age groups than HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. If nothing is done the situation will get worse, we are at a tipping point. ISO 39001 is flexible and useful to all types of organizations.
Organizations and their leadership can show their commitment to the Global Decade of Action for Road Safety (2011-2020) by becoming ISO 39001 certified. Road traffic crashes are a global epidemic that needs to be addressed. Having a standard such as ISO 39001 in place will help save lives and reduce injuries.
Benefits of ISO 39001
- Improve RTS performance
- Establish, implement and maintain an RTSM System (RTSMS)
- Assure itself of conformity with its stated RTS policy
- Demonstrate conformity with ISO 39001
- Reduce risk of being sued for negligence
- Reduce accidents
- Reduce staff absence
- Promotional purposes
- Tender / competitive advantage
- Improve corporate social responsibility credentials
- Reduce insurance premiums
- Reduce repair bills