- 9 June 2018 marks World Accreditation Day as a global initiative, jointly established by the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) and the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC), […]
- Plastic is an important material in our economy and daily lives. It has multiple functions that can help tackle a number of the challenges facing our […]
- The fight against climate change has unexpected allies with some of the heaviest-polluting industries joining its ranks. Why have they chosen to take a stand? And […]
ISO/TS 29001 Petroleum, Petrochemical And Natural Gas Industries — Sector-Specific Quality Management Systems
ISO/TS 29001 is a company level certification based on a technical specification published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) titled "Petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries — Sector-specific quality management systems — Requirements for product and service supply organizations".
ISO/TS 29001 is a company level certification based on a technical specification published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) titled "Petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries — Sector-specific quality management systems — Requirements for product and service supply organizations". The document was developed with cooperation from the American Petroleum Institute (API). The technical specification includes ISO 9001 in its entirety and includes specific requirements for the petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries. The current version of this standard is ISO/TS 29001:2010.
This certification is for organizations involved in exploration, production, pipelines and transport, refining of petroleum and natural gas and those that provide technical and support services to these industries. The specification is also applicable to manufacturers and purchasers of oil and gas industry equipment can also use this technical specification. ISO/TS 29001 (published in 2003) defines the quality management system requirements for the design, development, production, installation and service of products for the petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries.
Developed as a direct result of a partnership between ISO and the international oil and gas industry led by the American Petroleum Institute (API), ISO 29001 specifically focuses on the oil and gas supply chain. The ISO/TS 29001 standard is based on ISO 9001 and incorporates supplementary requirements emphasizing deviation prevention and the reduction of variation and waste from service providers.
Who Benefits from ISO/TS 29001?
ISO/TS 29001 is available for use by manufacturers, both upstream and downstream, of oil and gas industry equipment and materials, service providers to the oil and gas industry, and purchasers of equipment, materials, and services. The standard can also be used for organizations to perform 2nd party auditing of their suppliers and for 3rd party certification purposes.
Organizations may benefit from this standard if they: Have involvement in exploration, production, pipelines, transportation, and refining of petroleum and natural gas products
Have involvement in the design, manufacturing, installation, service, and repair of equipment used in the exploration, production, transportation, and refining of petroleum and natural gas products
Provide technical, operational, and support services to the various industry sectors identified above.
Benefits of implementing ISO/TS 29001
- Improved ability to gain license to trade, resulting in increased contracts and prospects
- Demonstration to stakeholders and customers of your commitment to quality and best practices
- Better risk management and increased performance
- Streamlined operations which improve quality and reduce waste
- Continual improvement having resulted from improved communication and regular assessment.