- 9 June 2018 marks World Accreditation Day as a global initiative, jointly established by the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) and the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC), […]
- Plastic is an important material in our economy and daily lives. It has multiple functions that can help tackle a number of the challenges facing our […]
- The fight against climate change has unexpected allies with some of the heaviest-polluting industries joining its ranks. Why have they chosen to take a stand? And […]
Pre-shipment inspection is a part of supply chain management and an important quality control method for checking the quality of goods clients buy from suppliers.
The pre-shipment inspection can be performed at different stages before shipment, such as checking the total amount of goods and packing, controlling the quality or consistency of goods, checking of all documentation, as for example test reports, packaging list or verification of compliance with standards of the destination country and import dutie.
How It Works
- A physical inspection of goods is carried out in the country of export pre-shipping, establishing the exact nature of the goods.
- The invoice and other documents are then scrutinized and an accurate valuation, and customs tariff code, are assigned. These are used, in conjunction with, the client country's published duty rates, to calculate the correct duties and taxes payable.
- RoyalCert Certification is used to substantiate the payment of full duty, prior to clearing the goods.
RoyalCert conducts an effective inspection of goods, invoices and other documentation to enable proper identification prior to shipment with regard to:
- Tariff classification
- Import eligibility
- Export market price and/or valuation for customs purposes
This identification allows for the correct assessment of customs duties and taxes or the shipment value for foreign exchange control. Pre-shipment inspection is also key to helping governments maintain compliance with the WTO Agreement on Customs Valuation.